Wednesday 17 September 2014

6 months in

Well six months in and I think I have run the gamut of medieval life!
We have covered, womens issues,  may celebrations, healing and herbal lore, politics and power, food and drink, building Bodiam and the harvest. I have sung, recited poetry,  diagnosed illnesses and stirred rebellion. During this time we have done 6 talks a day to audiences of one to one hundred, from dedicated medievalists to five year olds and I have enjoyed every bit, except for the bank holiday when I got soaked 4 times in two days.

I just cannot get used to my boots though !

(Photo is of the stone carvings I have done as Peter the stonemason over the last few weeks)

Now the experimental 6 months is over and we have funding granted for another year, it is time to plan where the project is going and developing and what I want to get out of it. Just being an interpreter is not nearly enough for the work and time we all put in, so where it goes? - Youll have to wait and see!

Octobers theme will be folklore and tradition, with a big dollop of 'Halloween' for the kids at the end of the month.

Join us at Bodiam Castle....

No comments:

Post a Comment